Sunday, October 10, 2010

As so it begins

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. And so I am today with my words. And so I am tomorrow with my actions. It's time.

Time to stop spectating and rejoin participation because the moment I became a spectator, everything moved downhill. Mine had become a life ending before the cheering and the shouting died. It's time to take an uphill road before it's too late.

Tomorrow starts the journey towards the inaugural Ironman Texas, May 21, 2011 in The Woodlands, Texas and this blog is where I will record my swimming, biking, and running. I'll write about my weekly miles logged and the inevitable injuries that will spite me not to merely collect data or a place to deposit my grouses, but to tell the story of the person I'm becoming. To possess my experience rather than be possessed by it, to live my own life than be lived by it is my quest, and endurance sport is my tool. For some, crossing the finish line of an Ironman is a test, but for me, the finish line will be my reward.

Come along with me and live out your own first commandment of health and longevity: pursue your own perfection. Because although we may never be perfect, it's in the pursuit of perfection where excellence, ourselves, and our Creator will be found.

Stay tuned...

6 comments:

ramster said...

oh yeah ya did! go git some, brian :)

Marci said...

Can't wait to follow your journey... if only I was able to get down to Texas to watch you!

Mike said...

Will be following your journey with interest :)

Donna said...

Just happened across your blog. Looking forward to following you!

KBGee said...

You're not alone in this journey; I started my Texas IM training last week.

Shannon (IronTexasMommy) said...

Just came across your blog! I'll be competing at IMTX, too. Looking forward to following your progress and gaining some insight from an IM veteran. :)